We provided approximately 38 hours of training per team member in 2021.
As one of the most trusted food companies in the world, our inspired people are committed to making a difference.
Our team members are the cornerstone of our company and of the fulfillment of our purpose of — Inspired People. Inspired Food.™ That’s why we place great importance on the growth, development and engagement of our team members. In addition, our top priority is always to keep our team members safe. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, we have taken prudent action to protect our global workforce. You can find more information about these efforts in the safety, health & wellness section of this report.
20 By 30 Challenge Goals
Bolstered by our 20 By 30 Challenge, we are striving to achieve the following goals:
- Promote and protect human rights within our operations and our supply chain.
- Provide the opportunity of a free two-year college education for all our team members’ high school graduates.
- Foster a sense of belonging for everyone, where our team members feel respected and valued by empowering them with opportunities, equitable treatment and a voice to make Hormel Foods better for all. In addition, we aim to increase the number of women in salaried roles by 25% and the number of underrepresented racial and ethnic minorities in salaried roles by 25% by 2025.
- Provide a safe workplace for all our team members and reduce our injury rates each year.
- Invest in our team members by providing an average of at least 25 hours of training per team member annually.
These ambitions help support UN Sustainable Development Goals 4, 5, 8 and 10.
*See additional information in the inclusion & diversity section of this report.